Last Updated: December 2, 2014
1. Doppler Lab's approach to privacy
2. Personal information we hold about you
We collect personal information from you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us or our website. This can include information you provide when you register to use the site, create an account on our site, complete a form, enter competitions through our site, correspond with us, purchase products from the site, subscribe to our email lists or respond to surveys or promotions.
We also collect personal information indirectly from you such as information about the pages you look at on the site or the device you connect to the site with. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as other users of the site.
We describe the categories of personal information we collect in more detail below:
- Contact details: such as your name, your email address, your telephone number and addresses associated with your account.
- Comments and opinions: such as comments and opinions when you respond to our surveys, competitions and promotions.
- Private messages to us: private messages you send to us such as email and written correspondence.
- Payment and transaction information: we will keep records of the products and services you purchase from us and the payment method you use for the transaction.
- Your preferences: choices you make such as notification preferences or choices about how the site is displayed.
- Information about how you use and connect to the online service
We collect information about how you use the site such as the pages and links you access, the time you access the site and duration you are on it, the website you come to the site from or go to after leaving the site and selections and choices you make when using the site.
We also collect information about the computer or other electronic devices you use to connect to the site such as details about the type of device (which can include unique device identifying numbers), its operating system, browser and applications connected to the site through the device, your Internet service provider or mobile network, your IP address and your device’s telephone number (if it has one).
Typically, the information we collect about how you use or connect to the site is associated with your device and not you as a named individual. However, if you are logged into a registered account this information may also be associated with you directly.
- Information about your location
Other than information you choose to provide to us, we do not collect information about your precise location. Your device’s IP address may help us determine an approximate location but this will be no more precise than the city, state or country you are using your device in.
- Information provided by other users
Sometimes, other visitors to our site provide information that is associated with you. For example, other visitors may provide information that is associated with you when they invite you to use the website, or they order a product to be delivered to you.
- Information provided by other organisations
Other organisations may provide information that we associate with you where they are lawfully permitted to share it, such as contact details, demographic data, or Internet navigation information.
- Information from fraud and crime prevention organisations
If fraudulent or other criminal activity is suspected relating to your account, we may be provided with information by credit reference, fraud and crime prevention organisations.
3. How we use your information
We will also use your personal information for the purposes specifically described below:
- Contact details: we will use your contact details so that we can communicate with you directly about the products we sell and the service we provide and about queries, issues or concerns you or other users have. We may also use your contact details to send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you (such communications will be in accordance with your marketing preferences).
- Comments and opinions: we will use your comments and opinions to determine products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Payment and transaction information: we will use payment and transaction information you provide to process payment for any product you purchase from us. We may also use the history of your transactions with us to determine products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Private messages to us: we will use private messages you send to us to help us respond to any query, issue or concern you raise.
- Your preferences: we will use your preference settings for the purpose of providing notifications, displaying the site and following other choices you are able to make about how the site is displayed to you.
- Information about how you use and connect to the online service: we use this information to present the site to you on your device. We will also use this information to provide custom, personalised content and information, including advertising.
- Information about your location: we may use an approximate location to ensure content on the site is relevant to the city, state or country you are using your device in. We will not collect or track your exact location without your consent.
- Information provided by other users: we will use your personal information contained in private messages sent to us by other users to respond to any query, issue or concern they raise. We will use your personal information that is contained in forms submitted by other users to contact you, if they indicate you would like to receive a communication from us.
- Information about fraudulent or criminal activity relating to your account: we will use information about fraudulent or criminal activity relating to your account for the purposes of preventing fraud or crime.
- All personal information: will use all the personal information we collect to: (i) monitor and improve the site and our procedures and processes; and (ii) to help us develop new products and services. Our use of your personal information in this way will not result in information that was not previously publicly available being made public on the site. We will also not use information about fraudulent or criminal activity relating to your account in the development of new products and services.
We may anonymise and aggregate any of the information we collect (so that it does not directly identify you). We may use anonymised information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving the site and developing new products and features.
4. Information we share with third parties
We may share your personal information with the following parties:
- Service providers and advisors: third parties who provide a service to us, for example, we use a third party delivery service to deliver any products you buy to your address. These third parties will only be allowed to use your personal information in accordance with our instructions and will be required to keep your information secure.
- Purchasers of our business: personal information may be disclosed or transferred to buyers or perspective buyers of our business or any of our assets as part of the sale.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: third parties who we are under a legal obligation to disclose your personal information to or who we need to disclose your personal information to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of others, detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement we have with you.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to anyone else except as set out above. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of the site but we will make sure no one can reasonably be identified from this information before we disclose it.
5. Marketing and Advertising
Email Marketing - From time to time we may contact you by email with information about our products and services. If you do not want us to send you email marketing, please let us know by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link (where available) in the emails we send to you.
Online Advertising – We permit third party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of our website over time so that they may display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our website as well as on other websites or apps. We may also collect similar information about in order to show you advertising on our website. To do this we and our third party advertising partners may collect information about how you use the site or the types of other web pages, content and ads you, or others who are using the device you connect to the site, interact with, visit or view. The information collected might also include the IP address of the device you connect to the site.
We, or our advertising partners, use the information that is collected to make sure adverts you see either on the site or other websites or apps (where our partners have advertising space) are more relevant to your interests.
6. Storing and transferring your personal information
7. Accessing your personal information
If there is information you would like to access, please contact us using the contact details set out in the “Contact us” section below. Please provide as much information as you can about the information you are looking for and we will be happy to try and help you find it.
8. Links to third party sites
The site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, news publications, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
9. Changes to this policy
10. Notice to you
11. Contacting us